Looking for an auto insurance agent in Colorado? Whether you live in Denver or any other part of Colorado, we’ve got you covered.
Why You Need Auto Insurance
When most people think about auto insurance, they think about damage to their car. The truth is, auto insurance covers much more than just your car. Given the sheer amount of cars on the road and the distractions drivers deal with every day, the chances of being involved in a car accident are plentiful.
You’re at risk literally every single day you get in your car.
It’s important to understand what your coverage options are, not just for your car, but for you, and the people who may be injured as a result of your negligence.
Having adequate car insurance limits is serious business.
If you were ever involved in an accident, and found to be at-fault for someone else’s bodily injuries, you could literally lose everything if you’re not properly insured.
A lot of people don’t realize that having great coverage doesn’t necessarily mean having higher insurance premiums. Because Square State Insurance is 100% independent, we can take your current coverage and compare them with a wide range of insurance providers to see who offers you the best deal possible.
The best part? It doesn’t cost you a penny more to use us. We get no override or fee. We are compensated by the insurance carriers directly, and work on your behalf to properly cover your needs and exposures, and make sure that there are no hidden gaps in your policy.
No two insurance contracts are the same, and while two policies side-by-side might look the same, the fine print behind the cover page can vary from company to company.
Important Auto Insurance Coverage
When you browse through your policy, you may see certain coverage options and wonder exactly what they are or why they’re on your policy. Let us clarify a few of the more important ones for you:
- Collision Coverage — This is the part of your policy that covers your car in the event you damage the car itself somehow, as a result of an accident with a fixed or moving object like another car, a curb, a house, a guard rail, etc.
- Comprehensive Coverage — This coverage also protects your car, but in the event that something else damages your car, that is not a fixed, or moving object. For example, theft, a rock that cracks your windshield while you’re driving on the highway, an animal you might hit, and so on.
- Property Damage — Suppose you damage someone’s car in an accident, or a guard rail, house, or some other property that belongs to someone else. This is the part of your policy that compensates the other person for that damage
- Bodily Injury Liability — This coverage protects your financial interest in the event you injure another party in an accident. This is the part of your policy that pays that other party for their medical bills and related expenses. Due to the high cost of medical care, it’s dangerous to carry liability limits that are too low. This is something we can help you decide on.
- Un-insured & Under-insured Liability — This coverage pays you in the event that you are injured by another party, and if the other party was either unidentified or they weren’t carrying a high enough limit of Bodily Injury Liability to cover your expenses. This is also a very important part of your auto policy because you have zero control over how much insurance other people are driving around with.
Common Auto Insurance Rating Variables
- Age — Insurance companies use your age in their overall rating algorithms. Drivers who are under 25 and over 65 typically don’t get preferred rates because statistics show that those two age demographics have the most loss frequency and are therefore more at risk for financial loss due to an auto accident.
- Credit — Credit is a metric that has been used in insurance scoring for many years. The better your credit, the more favorable your rates will usually be.
- Car — The type of car, engine size, safety features, etc.. are all part of the rate of course.
- Driving History — Your driving record and loss history plays a substantial role in the price. If you have a spotty driving history, or multiple moving violations or accidents, chances are you won’t get a preferred rate until those things are at least 3 years old.
- Household — Insurance companies underwrite at the household level, meaning they try to judge based on the entire household, what the probability of loss will be. If there are multiple drivers in the house who are under the age of 25, that will impact everyone’s pricing in the household.
SQUARE STATE INSURANCE PROVIDES THE BEST RATES AND SERVICE ON COLORADO AUTO INSURANCE.
Square State Insurance Tips for Auto Insurance in Colorado:
- Colorado is notorious for damaging windshields due to the amount of debris on the roads and wide temperature changes daily. Carriers offer $0 and $50 glass deductibles to lower your out of pocket expense if you need to replace a windshield.
- Colorado currently ranks 9th for highest percentage of drivers without insurance at 16.2%. If you do not have comprehensive health insurance look into Uninsured/Underinsured and Medical Payments Coverage.
Colorado Auto Insurance coverage options:
- Liability Insurance — (This is the only coverage option required by the State of Colorado). Liability Insurance covers only the other vehicle, driver, and property. The State of Colorado minimum requirements for Liability Insurance are $25,000 per person for bodily injury, $50,000 per accident for bodily injury, and $15,000 per accident for property damage.
- Collision Coverage — This helps pay for damages to your vehicle when you are at fault. Generally you pay your deductible and the insurance carrier covers the rest. Collision coverage may be required by your lender if you lease or finance your vehicle.
- Comprehensive Coverage — This helps pay for damage caused by things other than collisions. Theft, Vandalism, Weather, and other perils are covered under your Comprehensive Coverage. Generally, as with Collision, you pay your deductible and your insurance carrier covers the rest.
- Medical Payments — This coverage is required to be offered on all Colorado Auto Insurance quotes. Med-Pay coverage helps cover medical and/or funeral expenses of both covered drivers and their passengers regardless of fault.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage — This covers your medical payments if you are involved with a driver that has little or no Liability Insurance.
- Rental Car Coverage — This provides payment for a rental car if your car is in the shop due to a claim.
- Loan/Lease or “GAP” — This option provides coverage if you owe more on your car than it is worth.
- Roadside Assistance — This is a great coverage and provides numerous benefits which vary from carrier to carrier.
How To Get Started
If you live in Colorado and are looking for auto insurance, Square State Insurance makes the process of finding the best company and price easy. Give us a call today to get started.